Whilst supporting, coaching and motivating the Photography Team, the Photo Manager overseas the entire on-board operation, proposes and implement strategies to achieve and exceed the target in order to fulfill company’s expectations.
• Ensures delivery of excellent customer service;
• Motivates, coaches, monitors performances, and plans daily work schedules for the Photography On-board Team;
• Verifies that the workload is planned, prioritized, and effectively delegated;
• Coordinates with other on-board departments to organize revenue-generating photographic events;
• Manages day-to-day operations: administration, back office operations, inventory, and basic, accounting, merchandise loading;
• Maintains and controls the stock according to the Company policies and procedures;
• Oversees the inventory, maintenance and repairs of all photographic equipment and accessories.
Under the direction of the Photo Manager, the Photographer takes quality photographs and portraits of guests on board and/or during excursions whilst providing superior customer service in order to maximize sales of photographs and photo equipment.
• Takes high quality pictures and portraits;
• Adapts the photo offers to customers’ requests;
• Organize the on board photo gallery and lockers keeping the photo boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with the company guidelines;
• Monitors levels of stock and properly stores delivered products in a timely manner;
• Prepares and takes care of professional equipment.
The Video Operator is in charge of managing the onboard video services and facilities. The Video Operator is in charge of shooting videos of guests on several occasions and locations both on board and/or shore side, according to the schedule planned by the Photo Manager. They will provide superior customer service while ensuring high standard of sales at all times.
• Follows the directions, instructions and schedules given by the Photo Manager;
• Achieves and exceeds the targets set by the Company;
• Persuades guests in a friendly and effective manner;
• Shoots, edits, produces and sells videos for the guests;
• Develops high-end videos and cutting-edge video content to create an attractive product;
• Shoots and edits videos, short and long-form, and creates different video presentation formats;
• Ensures a constant high level of service;
• Perform all aspects of video production, including but not limited to: transports and sets up lighting, camera, audio equipment and on-camera scene/set for field shoots;
• Cleans and organizes the Video Gallery and lockers;
• Performs merchandise loading and inventory under the Manager’s supervision;
• Prepares and takes good care of the video equipment;
• Ensures that materials, machines and equipment are always in good working conditions
• Fluent English and at least another language, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and French);
• Professional certificates preferred but not essential;
• At least 2 years’ experience working with laboratory equipment, supplies and materials; Experience with photo chemistry and emulsions;
• High level of hardware and software knowledge, and in-depth knowledge of main photo editing software’s;
• Ability to work independently;
• Troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
• Excellent organization skills.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.